Well, hi all! I know, long time no blog but life in the fast lane is just like that. Wish I could say my fast lane included some place other than Kerrville, Ingram, San Antonio. Lisa and Jason have been to Hong Kong, Thailand, Brazil, Cannes France, Prague, and Turkey in the last two months so mine is pretty boring. But, hey, it's mine! School has been going well. Katie is in 6th grade now and seems to love school. It is the first time she has been with the kids from all of the 4 elementarys in town. It has widened her scope of friends. She has her 12th birthday coming up next week which is hard to believe.Not sure where my baby has gone!
Work at the hospital is good! I reaped the benefit of the discount when Paul had a CT scan last week at half price and I got a free flu shot. Seems to have made it all worth while. Paul is fine by the way. Just checking on some plumbing problems that can be fixed with medication.
My work at Head Start / Pre-K is good. Some of my work has been delegated to others so I can take on new work. It's always nice to have a change and my days feel more productive. I am getting to work with our infant / toddler program and that is always fun! I don't mind being adored! The hugs are great and I had forgotten what cute things they say.
I am also PTO President for Katie's 6th grade campus this year. My first real PTO experience. I have a great board and these ladies have LOTS of experience. I have a career but these ladies have a career in PTO. Wow! You just turn them lose and it gets done.
I'll be up in Amarillo a week from this Friday and I can't wait. Four days off (I'm taking Friday through Monday off), staying with my BFF Donna and painting with Rosemary West. Could anything be any better? Since I haven't been any further north than Austin, east to San Antonio and west to Ingram / Hunt --I feel like I'm really traveling this time. Just hope I don't freeze to death! A few times the temp has dropped to the teens but we are going to hope for the beautiful Fall weather we've had here in South Texas.
Better close! Happy Fall! Having trouble adding pictures tonight so will try again later. Let me hear from you all.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment