Hi All! Just a quick update on the Simone family doings!! We have had a busy month with a trip to Corpus Christi for Paul's college fraternity get together during Texas A&M Corpus Christi Homecoming and a trip to Amarillo to visit our dear friends, Donna and Trent. Donna and I painted while the guys hung out. Plus, Paul and I had the added benefit of driving in the car together for 8+ hours, able to talk uninterrupted. Katie joined us in Corpus and stayed with her big "stister Camy" while we ran from one event to another like a couple of teenagers. Boy were we tired after that weekend! During our Amarillo trip, Katie stayed with friends in Kerrville who were gracious enough to run her around all weekend for her activities.
Now we are mostly busy running Katie here and there. Tennis season is gearing up so we are looking forward to weekly tournaments and mid-week practices now through the month of March (and probably longer). She is also involved in Destination Imagination but that will end once competition is finished this weekend. Sooooooooo, we've had lots of time sitting around in parking lots waiting for Katie. Thank goodness we have cell phones, text messaging and I have lots of games and internet on my iphone for the times that the wait is longer than expected. ("Just 10 more minutes Mom!!!") Katie is also playing cello in both the school orchestra and the Hill Country Youth Orchestra. Regional competition is coming up so that will take the place of DI this next week.
Paul is busy - which is a blessing in this uncertain economy. He has three jobs going at once and several more that are waiting in the wings. Home show is a week away and then his shoulder surgery is scheduled for March 10th. I will be taking off that week to help him but it sounds like it will mostly consist of driving him around to check on jobs. Spring Break is the following week so I am really looking forward to the time off from school. School is good - busy - as we are finishing up all the Federal paperwork for the current year while getting ready to register children for next school year.
Haven't heard much from our older "kids"! Their lives are busy, too! Katie has plans to spend some time with Lisa and Jason at Fiesta Texas and Sea World during Spring Break. I'm sure "the boys" will stay with Grandma (ME) while everyone is in San Antonio. For our Yankee family and friends - the temperatures in our part of Texas have been in the mid to high 80's. The weather has been glorious and the plants all think it's spring with lots of things already blooming. We've even had a little bit of rain but not nearly enough for a good Spring!
Better close. It is late and we all have a busy day tomorrow! I'll try to post some pictures soon! Everyone take care! Bye for now!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to catch and be part of your update. Keep taking good care of Paul. I'm sure his pain must be way up there. I go to Physical Therapy again today. I think 3 times a week would be better but I don't have a time to do it. Wish you were living in the house down the street. Love you all!
Post a Comment